If youвЂ™ve examined Latin for over couple of years, using the Latin topic Test is a great solution to emphasize your achievements and boost your admission profile.
|200вЂ“800||60||70вЂ“75 (numerous option)|
- Offered in December and June
Preparing for the Test
- Pick appropriate grammatical types of Latin words
- Choose Latin words from which English words are derived
- Translate from Latin to English
- Complete Latin sentences
- Select alternate methods of expressing the thought that is same Latin
- Answer a number of concerns according to brief passages of prose or poetry
- 2вЂ“4 many years of Latin in twelfth grade, or very same
- Gradual growth of your competence in sight-reading Latin over a length of years
Subjects regarding the Test
|INFORMATION||Approximate % of Test|
|Grammar and syntax||30%|
|Derivatives||5% reading and translation comprehension The reading comprehension portion includes three to five reading passages plus one or two poetry passages. A couple of concerns after a poetry passage constantly includes one concern needing you to definitely scan the very first four legs of a line https://www.hookupdate.net/tastebuds-review of dactylic hexameter verse or even to figure out how many elisions in a line.||65%|
Download the SAT tests that are subject Guide to learn more about the topics.
Practice on line at no cost:
Down load at no cost:
- The SAT Subject Tests scholar Guide contains information about all 20 SAT topic Tests, official sample questions, test-taking guidelines and approaches, and much more.
- Response Explanations towards the Latin Training Concerns)
Purchase in the bookstore:
The state Learn Guide for many SAT Topic Tests, Second Edition
Obtain the study that is only readily available for all 20 SAT topic Tests.
- 20 full-length, formerly administered tests that are subject
- Detailed response explanations for many test concerns
- The essential up-to-date guidelines and approaches on identifying which tests to simply just take, the most readily useful time to use the tests, and exactly how to best be equipped for test time
- The newest variations regarding the directions, back ground concerns, and response sheet
- Detailed explanations of each Subject Test, including subjects covered and recommended program work
- Two sound CDs for all six Language with Listening Tests
Extra Items To Understand
Although macrons try not to can be found in this online training, they do show up on the test that is actual.
Variations of Latin words can be found in parentheses from the test. As an example: iudicium (judicium).
A collection of concerns adhering to a poetry passage constantly includes one question needing you to definitely scan the very first four legs of a type of dactylic hexameter verse or determine the sheer number of elisions in a line.
Whenever must I just take the test that is latin?
You can find a few facets to give consideration to as you decide when you should use the test. You need to have at the very least 2 yrs of strong planning into the language, nevertheless the more the greater.
It is suggested which you plan to take, while still balancing college admission and placement requirements that you take the Latin test as close to the end of the most advanced Latin class. YouвЂ™re likely not to ever do aswell after you havenвЂ™t been in a Latin class for several months if you take the test.
- For seniors learning Latin: If Latin is a very good subject for you personally, be certain it is certainly one of the SAT Subject Tests you simply take over time for universities to visit your rating. For placement purposes, and not as part of your application for admission, wait until youвЂ™re as far along in your course as possible if youвЂ™re only taking it.
Please be aware that this test reflects what’s commonly taught in senior high school. As a result of variations in senior school classes, it is likely that many pupils will discover concerns on topics theyвЂ™re not really acquainted with. This will be absolutely nothing to concern yourself with. There is no need to obtain every concern correct to receive the score that is highest (800) for the test. Numerous pupils excel despite devoid of examined every subject covered.